SAFETY & PERFORMANCE
Our comprehensive instructional programs apply to ALL positions & forms of contact. Our curriculum is intuitive and is taught in accordance with leading scientific principles known to expedite learning and skill development.
INTELLIGENT DESIGN TO EXPEDITE SKILL DEVELOPMENT
Mastering Tip of the Spear techniques equates to better performance, and the elimination of the helmet as a tool for contact leads to a reduction in head impacts when done properly. (Player safety is the byproduct of applied skills).
- Each technique has coinciding drills to develop perfect movement patterns (Shape -> Sharpen -> Polish)
- Concepts are taught in acronyms for easy recall
- Progressions are detailed & intuitive
SCIENCE OF LEARNING A NEW SKILL
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Our curriculum is easy to learn and master because it promotes the building of “myelin,” the brains fatty substance that wraps around nerve fibers and serves to increase the speed of electrical communication between neurons. In short, myelin is formed and new skills are developed when repetitive use of connections in the brain (practice) occurs. In other words, skills are nothing more than the result of habits formed through repetition. When improper or undesired habits (techniques) are developed (like any bad habit), the structure of the brain changes. Tip of the Spear’s curriculum is designed to develop only the optimal movement patterns that coincide with safer, more effective play.
Our techniques are based on biomechanics, which means they are EASIER to learn and master. Not only are the players safer but they are better prepared to perform.
PLAYERS AREN’T JUST SAFER BUT THEY ARE BETTER
Tip of the Spear techniques have been endorsed by:
- Top experts in the field of Biomechanics, Physical Therapy, Kinesiology & Strength & Conditioning due to the efficient movements consistent with the bodies anatomical design.
- Our program was originally sought out and implemented by NCAA & NFL coaches for the competitive advantage they provide. This is a huge statement given the high pressure to win and stay employed in the increasingly volatile industry of professional Coaching.
- Our 100% record of Coach adoption has continued since 2012.
SIGN UP FOR NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS